by Tim 'eagle' Brugman on September 24, 2012
Last week Telestream released Wirecast 4.2. Get your update after the jump!
Here’s a snippet of the release notes showing off the new features for the Windows version.
- Added Virtual Camera Output.
Works with Skype, Google Hangouts & GoToMeeting.
- Added TwitchTV destination.
- Added support for custom canvas sizes.
- Added support for 1080p 1920×1080.
- Added support for Matrox VS4.
- Added support for AVerMedia HD Game Broadcaster (C127).
- Added support for Blackmagic Ultrastudio SDI.
- Added support for streaming with H.264 High Profile.
- Destination partners can now restrict presets that can be used with their servers.
The added support for 1080p video will be a welcome addition. Before this update Wirecast has always pretended to be “full HD” by using the HDV standard (1440 by 1080) and stretching it, but now it can finally provide you with all 2073600 pixels.
Another interesting addition is the support for the AVerMedia HD Game Broadcaster. Even though AVerMedia has already released a better card, the Live Gamer HD, the addition of support for any AVerMedia card tells us that Telestream has at least been in contact with them and support for newer cards is likely to follow.
You can read the full release notes and download Wirecast 4.2 from the links below.